DANTE digital audio
Audinate launched Dante in 2003, which combines technologies such as Zeroconf, IP and DSCP and IEEE1588 all-in-one protocol to further reduce the delay time and reduce costs by eliminating the need for manual configuration and setup. Dante technology is becoming a trend in the field of audio transmission.
Dante digital audio transmission technology is a three-layer network-based audio transmission technology that provides a low-latency, high-precision and low-cost solution for point-to-point audio connections. Dante technology delivers high-precision, always-on signals and professional audio signals over Ethernet (100M or 1000M) and enables complex routing. Compared with the traditional audio transmission technology, it inherits all the advantages of CobraNet and EtherSound, such as uncompressed digital audio signal, which guarantees good sound quality; solves complicated wiring problems in traditional audio transmission and reduces cost; Existing networks do not need to be specially configured; the audio signals in the network are labeled in the form of "tags".
At the same time, it has its own unique advantages:
1) With a shorter delay, the Dante system automatically adjusts the available network bandwidth to minimize latency.
2) The IEEE1588 precision clock protocol is used for clock synchronization.
3) The Zeroconf (Zero Configuration Networking) protocol is adopted, and the automatic configuration server automatically checks the interface device, the identification label, and the partition IP address, without starting a high-level DNS or DHCP service, and saving complicated manual network configuration.
4) High compatibility of the network. Dante technology allows audio and control data and other unrelated data streams to be shared in the same network without interference, allowing users to make the most of their existing networks without having to rebuild the private network for the audio system.
5) Self-healing system. To avoid accidental audio transmission interruptions, the Dante system can set multiple self-healing mechanisms such as clock loss, network failure, and more.
6) The transmission mode of the audio channel can be unicast or multicast. Dante technology can be managed by IGMP (Internet Group Message Protocol), which can filter or block the broadcast audio channel according to the needs of the receiving point, which makes the routing of multicast audio controllable.